Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One of my worst moments!

My baby Miles wasn't acting himself thursday, so I took him into the pediatrition office. His tempurature was 100.4, they put a cathider in him to get a urine sample then sent me to the hospital to get his blood drawn. They pinched and polked for about 30 minutes until they found a vein. An hour later the doctor called to tell me that his white blood cell count was way high so I needed to bring him back to the office to get a spinal tap! I about died when I heard him say that! he told me that they were concerned that it could be meningitis and that it was the procedure they take when dealing with babies that young. I was a mess!! FYI, don't stay in or around the facinity while your baby is getting a spinal tap!!! the worst sound and sight I could have witnessed! it felt like it lasted an hour! they put that freaky long needle in his spine three times till they got enough fluid from his spinal cord! and then gave him two shots of an antibiotic. it was rediculous! and all the while ben was out of town and comunicating on the phone with me. He almost got on a plane ride home, but when the spinal fluid came out it looked clean so we waited for the results. We were so blessed to find out that he just had a virus that his body would fight off naturally. Thank goodness!! I am not cut out for things of this nature!!!
this pic taken from my iphone
Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cute little guy.

and, what a scare. so glad it all turned out ok!

Leah said...

So sad. Poor little guy. How does he manage to look so dang cute while being poked and prodded?

nicole said...

so scary. Glad the little dude is doing better

katie mcphee said...

ah, i love this boy. so cute & sweet. love him.
i am so happy that i finally got to meet him & hold him.

how is that lotion working??

michelle said...

Wow I think I would have gone crazy too! I'm so sorry you both had to go through that. Poor little guy =( I'm glad it turned out to be nothing too serious though!

Kiera said...

How completely and totally awful! I'm so sorry you had to go through that with him...ALONE!! I'm happy he's gonna be fine. I wish they didn't have to go through all that just to say it was a benign virus. Thats kind of annoying.

Cardon Family said...

I would have been a wreck!! He is so darling and I am so glad that everything turned out okay.

Mamie said...

oh that is awful.... I am so sorry you had to go through that! I am so glad he is okay! We love you guys!